Burnt garlic sweet corn rice, hot & sour chicken legs!
If you are somebody who doesn’t enjoy a monotonous life then hi 5!!!
Well, firstly I’m a foodie but at the same time, I get pretty upset with the same food every single day. So I try to twist my everyday food to bring some excitement to my dining table and also make my plate healthy, nutritious n well balanced…
Last night I twisted my regular fried rice and chili chicken. If you want to know the Recipe, then keep reading!
Firstly for my chicken:- my fridge is always stocked with this marinated chicken which is of great help anytime I have sudden guests or friends over so I can just toss them, roast them or add them in curries… say cheese!!!
1kg chicken, 1 lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1/4 teaspoon vinegar, salt & pepper to taste
Unlike the regular boneless chicken cubes, here I use chicken with bone. It saves time n effort, guys!!
Slit chicken pieces and rub lemon juice all over nicely inside slits. Make a paste of other ingredients in a separate bowl and apply all over chicken. Stays for a good 2-3 days in refrigerator!!
For this dish, I have used chicken legs but u can use what you please …
For the hot & sour chicken:- you can add beaten egg n cornflour to the above-marinated chicken & deep fry before using but it’s my consistent effort to avoid deep frying as much as I can so I skip this!!
1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger, 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic, 1tspn soya sauce, 1/2 teaspoon oyster sauce, 1/2tspn green chili sauce, 1tspn red chili sauce, 1/2tspn cornflour( adjust quantity as per d thickness u desire), salt n pepper, a pinch of castor sugar. A handful of chopped spring onion greens, 1/2 teaspoon toasted white sesame seeds for garnishing!!!
1. mix all sauces in a bowl with cornflour & water to make a paste n keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add grated ginger & garlic & stir until fragrant. Add chicken & cook until its all done( almost cooked)
3. Add castor sugar & sauce mix. Stir & add little water.
4. Cover & cook till fully done. Add water to check consistency as per your need.
5. Garnish with spring onion greens n sesame seeds
Burnt Garlic & Sweet Corn Rice !!
Ingredients:- 1 teaspoon and butter & 1 tablespoon and oil , 2cups steamed rice, 1cup boiled sweet corns, 1/2 cup finely diced carrots, 1/2 cup finely chopped french beans, 2tspn grated/ crushed garlic, 1tspn red chilli flakes, 1tspn chaat masala, 1/2 cup chopped spring onion bulbs, 1/2cup spring onion greens, salt & pepper.
1. Heat oil & butter. Add garlic, mix till it turns golden.
2. Add carrots, sweet corns, beans, spring onion bulbs. Cook for 5mins
3. Add all other ingredients and toss everything together. Check salt.
4. Sprinkle some water n cook it covered on low flame for 5mins.
5. Garnish with spring onion greens & serve hot with the chicken!!!
Hope you enjoy eating this yummy dish….please do like, comment and share!